Full Marks: 100
Pass Marks: 35
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Brief Answer Questions [10×2=20]
1. Prepare a list of use of microeconomics.
2. Let, demand function Qdx = 100 – 5Px, supply function = 20 +5P. Determine equilibrium price and quantity.
3. State the degrees of price elasticity of supply
4. Why IC slopes downwards?
5. Point out various degrees of laws of returns to scale.
6. Write the relationship between MR and AR.
7. What are the causes responsible for raising monopoly?
8. Write any four assumptions of marginal productivity theory of wages
.9 What are the conditions for price discrimination?
10. What are the motives of demand for money according to Keynes?
Attempt any FIVE Questions
Descriptive Answer Questions [5×10=50]
11. What is managerial economics? Explain its scope? 2+8]
12. Describe the determinants of supply. 
13. Consider the following demand schedule.
a Compute price elasticity of demand at movement from B to D and D to B by proportion method.
b. Compute price elasticity of demand at midway between B and D and D and B by arc method.
c . Compute price elasticity of demand by total outlay method at movement from B to D. [2+8]
14 What is isoquant? Explain its properties. 
15 Complete the following cost schedule
16 Explain the modern theory of rent.
Analytical Answer Question [15*2=30]
Attempt Any two questions
17 Decompose price effect in to income effect and substitution?
18 Derive and define LAC .Why is it less pronounced than SACs?
19 What is monopolistic composition ? How the price and the output are determined under it in short run?