Institute of Science and Technology
Bachelor Level/First semester/Science
Computer science and information Technology
(Introduction to Information Technology)
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Attempt any two questions:(2×10=20)
1 Define computer software. Differentiate system software with application software. Explain different types system software in detail.(1+2+7)
2. What are the benefits of using computer network? Explain different types of system software in detail. What is network topology?(3+6+1)
3 What is database What are benefits of using storing database system architectures in detail.(1+3+6))
Attempt any eight questions.(6 x S =40)
4. what are different characteristics of a computer? Differentiate digital computer with analog computer.
5 . What is primary memory ? Compare primary memory with secondary memory.
6 . Define memory hierarchy. Explain different types of ROM in detail.(1+4)
7 .Explain any two input devices in detail.(5)
8 . Convert (110101.101)2 to decimal (5)
9 . Define IP address. Why do we need this address? Compare IPv4 address with IPv6 address.(1+2+2)
10. What are different elements of multimedia? Explain.(5)
11. What is cryptography? How does cryptography provide security to our data?
12. Write short notes on:(2x 2.5=5)
a Central processing unit