Institute of Science and Technology
Bachelor Level/First semester/Science
Computer science and information Technology
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Attempt any two questions:(2×10=20)
1. What do you mean by looping? Explain while loop with suitable example. Compare while loop with do while loop. Write a programming find sum and average of first n natural numbers.(1+3+2+4)]
2. What are the benefits of using arrays ? Compare one dimensional array with two dimensional array. Write a program to find transpose of a matrix.[2+2+6]
3. What is structure? How is it different from union? Create a structure named course with name, code and credit hour as its member. Write a program using this structure using this structure to read data of 5 courses and display data of those courses with credit_ hour greater than 3 (1+2+7]
Attempt any eight questions: [8×5=40]
4. Explain flowchart with example. What are the benefits of using flowchart?[3+2]
5. What is data type? Why do we need it in programming? Explain any three basic data types with example(1+1+3)
6. What do you mean by unformatted VO? Explain-
7. Write a program to display first in prime numbers.
B. Write a program to find product of two integers using your own function.
9. Define pointer. How do you return pointers from functions ? Explain with example [1+4]
10. Explain different file VO functions with example.[51
11. Write a program to draw a circle using graphics function.5]
12. Write short notes on:[2×2.5-5]
a. Compilation and execution
b. Operator precedence and associativity