Institute of Science and Technology
Bachelor Level/second semester/Science
Computer science and information Technology
(COMPUTER NETWORK )
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Attempt all questions:(2×10=20)
1. Define transmission media. Discuss different guided and unguided transmission in detail.
Define routing. Discuss distance vector routing algorithm with examples
2 Discuss error detection and correction scenario. Explain cyclic redundancy check (CRC) error detection technique with example.
Short Answer Questions
Attempt any 8 questions-(8×5 = 40)
3. What is packet switching? Discuss store-and-forward transmission of packet switching
4. Why do we need DNS? Discus different fields in the DNS message.
5. What is connectionless transport? Differentiate TCP with UDP.
6. How can we use token-bucket algorithm o control congestion: Discuss.
7 What is IP? Discuss different classes of IPV4 address
8. What is virtual circuit network? How is it different from datagram network?
9 Discuss channel partitioning protocol. What is TDMIA
10. What are the applications of multimedia networking? Discuss audio streaming
11 Write short notes on:
b. Network management