Institute of Science and Technology
Bachelor Level/First semester/Science
Computer science and information Technology
(Introduction to Information Technology)
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Attempt any two questions:(2×10=20)
1. Discuss different auxiliary storage devices in detail.
2. What is operating system? Discuss functions and classifications of operating system.
3. Discuss file processing and database processing. What are the benefits of using database processing over file processing? Discuss different types of DBMS.
Attempt any eight questions: (8 x 5 = 40)
4. Differentiate between RISC and CISC.
5. Subtract (10111011) from (11000001)
6. What are the features of software
7. Discuss different types of relationship used in database management system with suitable example.
8. What is modulation? Discuss the need of modulation.
9. Why do we need network protocol? Discuss.
10. Discuss the common uses of internet
11. What is hypermedia? Discuss its characteristics.
12. what is GIS? Discuss different GIS technologies.
13. How can we use T in science and Engineering? Discuss.