Institute of Science and Technology
Bachelor Level/THIRD semester/Science
Computer science and information Technology
(DATA STRUCTURE AND ALGORITHMS )
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Long answer question (2*15=30)
1 How can you use stack to convert an infix expression to postfix? Convert infix expression A+8}=(C-D) to postfix using stack.
2 Explain concept of divide and conguer algorithm. Hand test quick algorithm with array of numbers (78, 34, 21,3,7,18,9, 56, 38,19). What is time complexity of quick sort algorithm?
3. Discuss depth first and breadth first traversal of a graph with suitable example.
Attempt any Eight questions:(8*5=40)
4. What do you mean by complexity of algorithms ? How do you find time complexity?
5Compare stack with queue. How is linear queue different from circular queue?
5. What is ADT ?Discuss stack as an ADT.
7 .Define recursive algorithm? How do you implement recursive algorithms while writing computer programs ?
8. What are the benefits of using linked list over array ? How can you insert a node in a singly linked list?
9. How do you implement binary search algorithm? What is time complexity of this algorithm?
10. What is hashing ? Discuss rehashing with examples
11.HOw do you transverse a binary tree ? Discuss
12. Write short notes on:
(a) Dynamic memory allocatlon
(D) Game tree